Guide robot from Japan’s Tsukuba University


posted by sooyup

No comments



* 01.jpg (19.5 KB. 300x263 - viewed 2 times.)



I saw this particular robot the other day, and I’m not certain why I didn’t report on it. After all, I see a lot of robots here on my watch, and this one stood out on me.

This is the Talk-Torque Guide Robot developed by researchers at Japan’s Tsukuba University. According to my Source, the “robot’s primary function is to interact with people via non-verbal communication and overall body language”.

You can watch a video of it after the jump to see it in action, and that is all that you will see. For some reason, there is no sound, but you can almost read the body language.

believe that the plan is to have Talk-Torque working as a local museum docent, so I’m guessing that it will have to learn to talk sometime.

You know what this reminds me of? Those aliens in Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones that actually built a whole bunch of clones. From my extensive research (I looked it up on a search engine) they were called Kaminoans. In fact, I almost think that this robot was designed to look just like them.

I’m looking forward to seeing these robot tour guides at museums in the future.




Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...