Razer displays the Switchblade at CES 2011, and that’s about it


posted by sooyup

No comments



* 01.jpg (17.45 KB. 300x219 - viewed 2 times.)


Before I came to CES, I kept getting emails and phone calls from Razer asking them to come to their booth. Just to let you know, it is rare that I get phone calls from companies about any products at all.

I am glad that I did visit, as the Razer Switchblade was one of the coolest gadgets that I did see. If nothing else, it was one of the most original.

The Switchblade is apparently supposed to be Razer’s first foray out of gaming accessories and into a device that can game itself. It is designed with a seven-inch touchscreen made just for that purpose.

It also has an extremely unique feature with an chameleon-like keyboard. The keys of this specially designed gaming laptop are designed to change depending on what game is played. So if you are doing a Warcraft-type game, you’ll see the direction keys and action hotkeys. You will see a different formation fora flying type of game. It reminds me of the Optimus Maximus keyboard.

Here comes the sad part. I don’t know when this Razer Switchblade is planning on being released, or if it is being released. In fact, I don’t even know if this is the item that Razer wanted me to see.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...